Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Rings

A funny thing about me having a diamond ring... Yes, I am using "Tiffany" Blue, but no, I am not really into Tiffany & Co. And while they are beautiful, but I'm not really into diamonds, especially spending that much money on something so small and seemingly impractical. Not to mention that I figured I'd probably snag it on something, or lose it, etc etc. And when people get engaged, I'm not normally the type of person who asks to see the ring. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. I'm actually not really into fine jewelry at all, and if you'd asked me a couple of years ago, I would've told you that I would be perfectly happy with a plain silver band as my wedding ring.

But here I am, a couple of years later, with a diamond ring on my finger and I have to admit, I absolutely adore it. There's nothing "impractical" about how I feel when I glance down at it and see it sparkling back up at me. Maybe there's a Tiffany girl lurking inside of me afterall. ;)


1. My beautiful engagement ring - 4mm comfort band
2. The wedding band - matching 4mm comfort band
3. The way they will look together - hawt. There was no 4+4mm picture, so the one shown is 3+3mm. In other words, the real deal will be slightly thicker than what is shown.

Naturally, I want to get my honey something he loves just as much. He has talked about wanting some sort of non-traditional ring, maybe something in wood, so I've got my eye out for something that screams: "________!" (<--- insert his name there).

Then I saw someone post this on indiebride.com:


when I saw it, it totally screamed "________!" This is from 22DesignsStudio, based out of Taiwan, and is their 7 Days ring.

No comments: