Thursday, March 20, 2008

Big Weekend...

My best friend and Maid of Honor is coming into town this weekend. I haven't seen in forever and am really excited. On tap for this weekend: find her a dress and shoes, attend a cake tasting, first meeting with a florist, and majorly catch up on eachother lives. :)

Update on the centerpieces: I want to wait to meet with the florist to make any decisions, but I'm pretty sure that the centerpieces are going to be DIY. I'll be using the floating bowls pictures below, filling them with aqua gems and water and floating a large white flower (of a few small flowers) in them. around the bowls, i'll probably sprinkle some gems, and surround the bowls with votives in these holders i found at efavormart.com:


Now the real issue is what do about the bouquet. I HAVE NO CLUE. I was originally going to do ALL of the flowers white, but the more I see white bridal bouquets, the more I think they blend into the dress too much. And there is no such thing as a Tiffany Blue flower, which makes me sad, so that's not really an option. There has been talk of dyeing some white flowers blue, but I've heard mixed reviews on that. We'll see. Hopefully the florist will have some good ideas.


PS. Here's another picture of theeee dress:

No comments: