Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Reception Decor

It's easy to find things in black and white. Finding accents in Tiffany Blue/Aqua hasn't been as easy. I'd like to bring as much aqua into the reception as possible, without overkill.

Here are some things I've been looking at:



1. Tiffany Blue silk carnations: ebay
2. Squared aqua votive holders at: www.modernvaseandgift.com
3. Aqua/White striped votive holders at idealfavors.com
4. Frosted glass bowl at www.greengreen.com
5. Vase Jewels www.colormewedding.com

I have no clue what I am doing for the centerpieces yet. I have access to 20 FREE floating candle bowls, so while they probably wouldn't be my first choice, I'm going to try and use those.
They are double walled, so you can fill the inner wall with whatever you want, and then put something else in the actual bowl. For example, I could fill the inner wall with those silk carnations, and float some white candles in the bowl. Then I could surround the bowl with those aqua votive holders... something like that.

I'd like the head table to have a different centerpiece, maybe that Blue frosted bowl above, filled with water and some floating flowers in it...? I really have no idea yet :( This is probably the area I need the most work on.

2 comments:

munchkin said...

how 'bout floating votives?

Unknown said...

These are my colors too! I have just started the planning phase so I am going to keep up with your site and see what you come up with.