Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Now comes the fun stuff...

So here's where I start posting pictures and getting giddy. BUT, before I do, I need to mention that I started bookmarking things and pulling images off the web for my own personal reference way before I ever thought I'd be making this page, so some of these may be breaking some sort of privacy or copyright rules. I hope that is not the case, but if I am using an image of yours PLEASE let me know and I will remove or give you credit, whichever you prefer. Apologies in advance if that happens.

Now, giddy time.

Oh wait.... I guess the other thing I should do is set the stage, so that these images make sense.

I am recently engaged (a month), and am planning on getting married in November of this year. I've had an odd obssession with bridal shows for the past few years, so seeing all of them has given me some ideas if the time ever came for me. Now that it has, I am trying to sort through all of the things I like to see what would work best for my wedding.

The first thing to figure out (once we nailed the date down and got a venue and all that) was colors. The venue we've chosen already has a black and white thing going on, so I decided to just go along with that. As for an accent color, I love teal so I thought about that, but it seemed a bit to strong for an accent. So I am going with a lighter, toned down version of something in the same family - Tiffany Blue. I cringe a little inside everytime I say the name "Tiffany Blue," but that really is the easiest, most universal way to say "You know, like a light aqua, pale turqouise-y color...?" or, for those of us that are design nerds, "My wedding is going to be Black, White and Pantone 318."

To add to the color scheme, I am going to try and incorporate black and white damask where ever I can. The more I think about the colors and the pattern, the more I love it. Seriously, I LOVE IT.

Pictures next time. Really.

1 comment:

munchkin said...

This just might be my most favorite blog EVAR.

I heart it.